Saturday, March 22, 2008

Take one...

I've just finished reading several family members' blogs, and, in true lemming form, I am running headlong off that same cliff. Hope there's down comforters at the bottom. Or at least chocolate. Or maybe just the rest of my family, and we can just hang out and eat said chocolate... Okay, sounds pretty good... And... jump!

Wow, it's not quite what I expected... Huh. Interesting. Kinda full of boxes and laundry. Wait a second, this is my house. What am I doing back here? I thought this was supposed to be an escape. OH... in my MIND. OH!

...

Well, the pressing sounds of kids finishing tuna sandwiches (and the knowledge that tuna will only last them so long...), the pressing sights of aforementioned boxes and laundry (in process of moving - more about that later), the pressing to-do list screaming at my conscious and sub-conscious beings (yeah, I'm stressed even when I'm NOT thinking about it)... These are things from which I am trying to escape. If only for a few moments.

And other than escaping, I'm hoping to learn more about myself through this process. I think more when I'm writing. It helps me process things. It helps me connect to my inner self. Also, the leaders of our church have been encouraging me (well, all of us) to keep a journal for as long as I can remember. And I think this might be a more effective way for me to do that. After all, my one-third filled journal I got when I was 5, the journal from my mission, and a handful of printed-out emails from me (after I wrote the email, I thought, "Man, I should remember those things...") aren't quite up to par as far as I'm concerned. But that's a malady I'm trying to overcome - both by doing something about it, and by not troubling myself so much about the many perceived sub-pars of my life.

So, profound it may NOT be. Funny at times, whiny at others, random stream of consiousness with no clear sense of direction at most times it WILL be. So, welcome to the inner workings of my mind - I know, it's kinda cluttered in here. Well, hopefully I'll be able to do some spring cleaning in the process... Enjoy your stay.

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!!!

You are off to a fabulous and hilarious start! I loved the, "it's kinda crowded in here" in reference to your thoughts! You are very witty and I know it will be fun for all of us to get to know you better through this process!!! I have only been blogging since last November and I already LOVE it! :)

*sniff* *sniff* I Love the little picture on your sidebar! I miss you all!

I'll be back...( I can practically hear Kie Kie saying dryly, "Thanks for the warning." in response to my saying, "I'll be back!" heh, heh, heh...this is gonna be fun ;)

Laura said...

Welcome to planet blog!

Lauren in GA said...

Ohhhhhh, I love your new profile picture! You look so pretty and my brother looks so handsome!