Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oh, before I forget...

I need to write this down before I forget it. The other day, Leah was saying her bedtime prayer, and she said, "Please bless that the food mommy makes won't ever be yucky."

I mean, I TRIED not to laugh... And Leah's still not too great at keeping eyes closed, so she totally saw me smirk and try to bite my toungue... off. So I was busted. And you know when a kid gets a laugh out of you... So I'm just imagining more prayers about my cooking. Now mind you, it's all pleasing (or at very least acceptable) to the adult palate, but Leah's a bit of a picky eater.

So here's a picture of Leah so you can put a face to such lovely sentiment.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love your girls! Will you please ask Leah to pray that MY food won't ever be yucky. My family would appreciate it!

Lauren in GA said...

It may not have been a nod to your cooking...BUT it is totally a nod to your superb parenting that you are raising a faithful and prayerful child. ;)

By the way, everything I have ever tasted that you have made was delicious! Mmmmmmmm, now I want some of your Challah Bread. You aren't even Jewish and you make the best Challah bread I have ever tasted!

Jon Dubyk said...

I love that little girl! She is so precious!!! :) And, you are an excellent cook...some of my new favorite recipes have come from you!

Jon Dubyk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.